PokéProject Dev Diary: Day Four
In the spirit of Agile, I’m not going to wait for every one of my crazy ideas to be finished before opening it up to the whole world — we’re going to go live with an MVP and soft launch our way to world domination.
In a fit of impulsiveness (and on the wrong side of midnight) I’ve decided to stick with the working project name and purchase it as a domain name: pokeproject.co.uk, so now we’ve even got a real domain, and we can stop redirecting our beta testers to a subdomain.
One of my sly objectives with this project was to also try out advertising, using a service like Google Adsense to make some money out of it all. I’ve never added adverts to any of my side projects before — hating adverts as much as the next internet user — but this time I’ll selectively ignore my own disapproval of advertising to give some money-making opportunity a shot, even if it is to see for myself just how fantastically unprofitable it really is!
I’ve made a little space down the bottom of the screen for adverts to appear, signed up to Google Adsense, created a few tags and dropped them into the design. We’ll see how well that goes as time progresses.
PokéProject is now live @ https://www.pokeproject.co.uk
This post was originally published at https://medium.com/@psyked/pok%C3%A9project-dev-diary-day-four-25aed272eb17